Master DevOps methodology and have a comprehensive view of software development process with DevOps online course.
DEVOPS COURSE CONTENT
This module gives an introduction to DevOps principles and objectives. You will gain complete knowledge on how to use DevOps frameworks and implement DevOps on the cloud.
- What is DevOps.
- Basics of DevOps
- DevOps Principles
- Benefits of DevOps
- DevOps SDLC
- DevOps objectives
- DevOps on Cloud
- Devops Frameworks
In this section, you’ll master the fundamentals of the Linux Operating system and system administration.
- Basics of linux operating system
- Introduction linux system administration
Continuous integration/Continuous deployment is the backbone bone of successful DevOps practice. This section will walk you through the fundamentals of CI/CD and develops skills to work with DevOps tools through hands-on exercises.
- Continuous Testing and Integration
- Continuous Release and Deployment
- Continuous Application Monitoring
The cloud computing module of DevOps provides comprehensive knowledge of cloud service models and cloud deployment models. Also, you will be taught how to launch a virtual machine with AWS.
Cloud Computing Concepts:
- Evolution of cloud
- Grid Computing vs. Cloud Computing
- Characteristics and Benefits of Cloud
- Cloud service models (NIST)
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Cloud service model implementations
- Cloud Deployment Models (NIST)
- Virtual Machines
- Virtual bootable OS Images
- Cloud Storage
- SOA and Cloud
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Risk in Cloud and DevOps security concerns
- Introduction to AWS and AZURE
This section deals with the crucial concepts involved in successful DevOps adoption within an organization. You’ll learn how to choose a cloud platform, containerization tools, build and dependency management systems, and also master the step by step processes involved in Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution.
- Things to Look For and Avoid
- IT Assets Ownership
- Viewing Applications As Products, not Projects
- DevOps in the Enterprise
- IT Governance
- Governance and Risk Mitigation
- DevOps Adoption Steps
- Select DevOps Techniques and Practices
- Service Quality Metrics
- The Choice of Cloud Platform
- DevOps IaaS and PaaS
- Containerization Tools
- System Configuration Automation and Management
- Continuous Integration (CI) Systems
- Build and Dependency Management Systems
- Select DevOps Tools
- Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solutions from IBM
- Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
- Rational DOORS Next Generation (DNG)
In this section, you’ll gain a detailed overview of chef terminology, configuration, workstation setup, organization setup, how to create data bags, create and add roles to the organization. Advanced chef concepts like Foodcritic, Test Kitchen Chef, etc., are also covered in this section.
Overview of Chef
- Common Chef Terminology (Server, Workstation, Client, Repository, etc.)
- Servers and Nodes
- Chef Configuration Concepts
- How to configure knife
- Execute some commands to test the connection between knife and workstation
- Create an organization
- Add yourself and node to organization
Test Node Setup
- Create a server and add to the organization
- Check node details using a knife
- How to create Databags
- Add Databags to organization
- Node Objects and Search
- How to Add Run list to Node
- Check node Details
- How to create Environments
- Add servers to environments
- Create roles
- Add Roles to organization
- Test Kitchen Chef
- Improve and expand on the existing recipes
- One-click system launching
In this module, you’ll learn how to deploy the Puppet configuration management tool through hands-on exercises. By the end of this module, you’ll become proficient at automating the entire workflow using Puppet.
Introduction to Puppet
- Installation and Configuration of Master server and agents
- Managing Manifests
Creating and Managing modules
Version control with Puppet
In this module, you will learn to install and configure Vagrant. Additionally, understand how to create a small VirtualBox using Vagrant and add images.
- What is Vagrant
- Working with Vagrant environment
Installation and Configuration
- How to install Vagrant in Windows and Linux
- Configure Vagrant
Provisioning with Vagrant
- How to use Vagrant to create a small Virtualbox.
- Add required Images to Vagrant
- Using Vagrant in Chef for Testing
This section provides detailed knowledge about the source code management using Git and Nexus. You’ll master the core concepts and various operations performed on it through real-time examples.
- What is a version control system?
- What is a distributed version control system?
- Different levels of Git configuration
- The process of staging and committing
- The details of the commit objects
- Nexus prerequisites
- Installing and Running Nexus
- Using the Nexus User Interface
This module introduces Jenkins, the core concepts and technology behind Jenkins. You’ll learn how to build and automate test cases using Maven, install Jenkins plugins, and distributed builds with Jenkins.
INTRODUCTION TO JENKINS-CI
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins Overview
- Configure Jenkins as a stand-alone application
- Configure Jenkins on an Application Server
- Jenkins management
- Support for the Git version control systems
- Different types of Jenkins Jobs
- Setting up a Jenkins job
- Scheduling build Jobs
- Maven Build Scripts
- Creating users
- Installing Jenkins Plugins
- SCM plugin
- Build and test
Distributed builds with Jenkins
Best Practices for Jenkins
In this section, you’ll learn how to monitor the servers, trigger alerts, how to apply and remove blackouts using both Nagios and Zenoss through hands-on practice.
- How to monitor the Servers in Nagios
- Trigger Alerts in Nagios
- How to apply blackouts and remove blackouts
- How to monitor the Servers in Zenoss
- Trigger Alerts in Zenoss
- How to apply blackouts and remove blackouts
- How to check events; CPU, Memory and RAM Graphs for servers
In this section, you’ll explore what DevOps architecture is and how it benefits your organization.
- Web Forms
- User Controls
- Shared UI Code
- Business Logic
Configuration management plays a major role in DevOps in automating tedious tasks. This section highlights configuration management processes, incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Configuration Management Activity
- Configuration Control
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Problem Management
This section deals with cloud services. You’ll learn how to create servers and networks in the cloud, set up rules, and more through best practices.
- Creating Servers and Networks in Cloud
- Setting up rules and Application
- Difficult Scenarios in environments.
- Environment testing
- Monitoring logs